Thursday, December 25, 2014

What does God want for Christmas?

What God wants is not
a selfie of Pastor Dave

What God wants for Christmas.  Now here’s the surprise
In this box is where it’s been disguised.
Peek in the box, for so long you have waited.
What God wants is you – the one He created!

“Me?” you ask.  “Why is this so?”
”I cannot wrap me and put on a bow!”
No you cannot; but what you can give
Are the choices you make in the life that you live.

God wants you to know Him and love Him within.
And this is called worship, an offering to Him.

To do this   trust Jesus, who died in your place
When you didn’t deserve Him – that is called grace
Give him control of your life and your heart
Say, “Jesus I need You.  I’d like a new start.
Forgive me today for the sins I’ve committed
So one day in heaven I will be permitted.”

When you this way, the heavens rejoice
That you have made worship of God your life’s choice.
God wants you to know Him, so choose every day
To love God and thank God
And give Him all Praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment