Wednesday, April 30, 2014

God is faithful in the Resurrection Story and in the Old Testament!

Posted on the teacher resource blog, tonight but worth sharing with parents and others also.
Some talking points for you and your kids!

Two weeks ago
RESURRECTION SUNDAY

Last week
Jeroboam and Rehoboam

Man, what a let down!  
Not really!
Two weeks ago, depend upon God and trust Him.  

God gives victory over sin and death to those who trust in Jesus Christ.

Last week, depend upon God and trust Him.  
God punishes those who live in sinful disobedience.

In the kindergarten class we emphasized listening and obedience.
It is important to listen.

It is important to listen to wise counsel.  Rehoboam didn't do this.

Ultimately, it is NECESSARY to listen to God.  Jeroboam didn't do this.

Rehoboam was not humble.  He did not obey.
Jeroboam was not humble.  He did not obey.

The memory verse Psalm 147:6 speaks of humility.  "The LORD lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground."

Here is a quote to consider.
“God actually delights in exalting our inability. He intentionally puts his people in situations where they come face to face with their need for him.”  David Platt
Think about this quote as it relates to this past week's and next week's lesson.

During this week I was thinking about this story and the next story of Elijah.
Paul's words in 1st Corinthians 2:2 - 5 are so very important.

For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.  And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

This Sunday's lesson is Elijah and the Prophets of Baal from 1 Kings 17:1; 18:17–46 
God’s supremacy is demonstrated through humble obedience.
God's power is made known because Elijah's obeys Him.

God, help me to trust you!!!  
I confess that I am not able to live the life you want me to live because I am a sinner!
I know that I can only live the life you want me to live in Jesus Christ.
I am yours and you are mine, Lord.  Help me to rest in You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment