Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Crucified & Risen Son leads to a Dead Yet Alive father from Changed Into His Image

While Berg writes this quote specifically to fathers.  Each of every family member needs to reminder of the need to die to one's self.

"If you want to see your family turn around, you will have to be the first one to die.  In God's pattern of leadership, you, like Christ, have to be the first one on the cross.  From there you can call your family to follow you by dying as well.  You must lead in following the Father's will of humbling yourself for others."  (Changed Into His Image, p. 61)

I have had times when I have fallen so short as a dad.
What I have realized is that often these are times when things have not worked the way I wanted them to work.
I am frustrated with my kids for not living up to what I want.
I am frustrated with my wife.  I am frustrated with myself.

At the heart of it all though, I am frustrated with God.
I don't know about you but when I am frustrated with God,
I tend to make excuses for my sinful, lazy, "I deserve a break today," "life is all about me" attitude and behavior. 


No comments:

Post a Comment